Banana bread is a wonderful take-along snack, quick breakfast, a great holiday gift and the perfect way to use up overripe bananas.
Preparation Time: 1.5 hours
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking-soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/2 cup coconut oil or butter at room temperature
4 overripe bananas, mashed
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together sugars and oil or butter, stir in the vanilla and eggs, then add the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Combine flour mixture with banana/sugar mixture and mix until everything is moist, then fold in the chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into two greased and floured 9×5 baking pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes and then check for doneness by inserting a knife in the center of one of the loaves. If the knife does not come out clean, check again in 10 minutes.
- When the loaves are done, remove them from the oven and let them sit for 10 minutes before removing them from the pans and placing them on a rack to cool further.
- Store your loaves wrapped in aluminum foil in the refrigerator.
Put bananas in the freezer when they start looking icky. They’ll look worse and turn to mush, but they’ll be perfect for your banana bread.
This dish is best served on the following occasions:
This dish carries energies for the following magical purposes:
Fertility, love, prosperity