Melt in your mouth almond delight – well worth the work.
Preparation Time: 2 hours
1. Grease a 6x8x2 inch baking dish with ghee.
2. Soak almonds in water for 30mins.
3. Remove the almond skins by rubbing the soaked almonds between your fingers.
4. Grind the almonds in a blender, coffee grinder or spice grinder using just enough milk to make a smooth paste and for ease of grinding, a teaspoon at a time.
5. Combine sugar and water in a pan, slowly bring the water to a boil, stirring constantly.
6. Continue boiling the sugar water for about ten minutes or until a syrup forms.
7. Stir the almond paste into the syrup in the pan, continue stirring constantly.
8. Add a tablespoon of ghee and stir to combine. Repeat until all the ghee has been incorporated. Reduce heat to medium.
9. Continue stirring over medium heat until the mixture starts to leave the side of the pan.
10. Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish and let it cool completely.
11. Cut into individual serving sized pieces and enjoy.
This dish carries energies for health, celebration, sharing, communication