The harvest moon is the full moon closest to the Autumn Equinox. It usually occurs in September. This full moon is particularly large and bright which is nice for the harvest season as it provides light after the sun has gone for those who need to spend some extra time bringing in the harvest.
Family activities for the full harvest moon
- Make apple head dolls
- Visit a cider mill or go apple picking
- Make gourd lanterns to light the darkening evenings.
- Make a gourd fruit bowl to hold your harvest's bounty.
- Make a gourd bird house to hang in the spring.
- Take a nature walk and collect leaves, acorns and berries to make an autumn wreath and hang it up to decorate for the season.
- Or Make an autumn leaf bouquet for your table.
- Make a corn husk doll
- Make moonwater charged with harvest and abundance energy.
- Bake Bread
- Can some vegetables.
- Have a Potluck Dinner with Friends
- Take a walk by the light of the harvest moon.
Spells and rituals for the full harvest moon
- House Blessing
- Increase my Harvest Full Moon Spell
- Find a new Job
- Resume Employment Spell
- Spell to Get Noticed at Work
- Special Dinner Family Ritual
- Feast of Sacrifice
- Stone Soup
- Ritual in Honor of Demeter